How to install PCquirerX on win 7, 64 bit system to use with X16 series hardware.
“Digital Signature Requirement” must be
DISABLED during bootup before the
For win 8 and 10 please visit this link or many others in the web
Disable the Digital Signature Requirement win 8 or 10
Before running the PCquirerX installer, Reboot your computer, following the steps below:
1. During boot-up, continuously press "F8" to get to Advanced Boot Options.
( Note: On some systems, you need to first press "F2" to go into Boot Menu, then
press "F8" to reach Advanced Boot Options.)
2. When the menu appears, use the DOWN arrow key to scroll to “Disable Driver Signature
3. Press "Enter".
4. Continue the boot process.
5. After your computer has completed the boot process, please install the drivers
per the included instructions.
After you have done this step, then install the driver and plug the system in a USB port.
If for some reason the drivers were not recognized by the operating system, with the Driver Signature verification Disabled, please follow the steps below to force the drivers installation:
1. Open control panel, Select System, then Device manager
2. Open the Universal Serial Bus Controllers tab ( at the very bottom)
3. You may find device with either “unrecognized Device” or “X16 Device” with yellow “?” next to it ( this may be also be in other place in the device manager than in the Universal Serial Bus Controllers tab)
4. Left click on it , select Update Drivers
5. Browse my computer for driver software
6. In the next window, navigate to where the PCquirerX is installed (under program files ->SciconRD folder) has been installed. Select the folder and continue.
7. The drivers should get installed.
For the 64 bit systems, if you ever reboot the system, this process must be repeated. However, in the normal conditions, if the system goes to sleep, then you do not need to repeat this process.